
So, as most of you know, I was surprised with a baby on my doorstep last Saturday. Turns out it was Gavin, Stephen, Casey and Brett who made a spur of the moment decision to come to Gainesville and visit. It was a wonderful weekend, culminating with a visit to the SWAMP for the National Championship celebration. As well, it was Gavin's first time at the SWAMP and I got to be there for it. It was truly a magical and wonderful weekend.
For the most part, I have carried that happy, warm feeling with me all week. (especially the warm part, as it has been downright COLD here the last few days) However, I'm starting to get a little down. I went to the doctor on Monday for my 6 month check. Good news is, still no sign of cancer. Bad news is that my cholesterol is sky high, which really isn't a surprise, as I haven't been able to afford my cholesterol medicine for the last 6 months. That, coupled with the fact that I am going on a cruise in less than 3 weeks, but yet don't know how I'm going to pay my rent before I go, has got me singing the blues.
I am of the belief that responsibilities must be taken care of before one can have fun. I raised my boys that way: homework before play time, bills paid before extracurricular activities, etc. I talk the talk and have always walked the walk, until now. I did the "taking down of the suitcase" ceremony 2 weeks ago. Well, it's down, but I have yet to pack anything. I printed out my "tickets" but couldn't bring myself to do the "ticket dance" as I usually do. I AM excited about the cruise and especially excited about seeing my "Blogger Family" but can't bring myself to feel good about it. If I at least knew I had a job to come back to, maybe I could be a bit happier.
Sometimes, no a lot of the time, I find myself feeling sorry for myself and I KNOW I shouldn't. I've got so much to be happy about. But still, it's beginning to bother me a bit.
I guess this too shall pass...right?
Friday, January 16, 2009
It's Starting To Bother Me A Bit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes! This too shall pass. Focus on the good, and be mindful of your efforts to land that next job adventure. Try to let go of the things that you cannot control. Lean on the pillars of your life - and remember that things do happen for a reason even when it is not easy to see the point of the trial.
Love,
Jamie
Yes, I am a true believer in "this to shall pass". Things will get better. Hang in there. Maybe this cruise will be the turning point. Any way, go and have fun! When you get back....total focus on finding a job....don't feel sorry for yourself. We're here whenever you need us.
Hugs,
Lori
Post a Comment