
Tonight is the season finale of "ER". This was a show I once loved, I mean it was MUST see TV on Thursday nights. Everyone was swooning over George Clooney; not me. I have always been a huge Noah Wyle fan. Can never get enough of him.
Though the series is ending tonight, the show died for me years ago. I think the last episode I ever watched in it's entirety was the one where Romano was killed by a falling helicopter. After that, it was just too ridiculous. Here are some of my most favorite moments:
* Carole Hathaway leaves Chicago to join Dr. Doug Ross in Seattle (didn't see that one coming at all!)
* Dr. John Carter's first day at County.
* Dr. Mark Green working feverishly to save the life of a pregnant woman, although he fails.
* Dr. Peter Benton flies with Carter to Atlanta to kick his drug habit.
* Dr. Ross saving a small child from a sewer drain.
* Dr. Carter and his intern Lucy Knight are stabbed by a crazed patient (Subsequently, Lucy died and I remember Stephen running around the house screaming, "They killed Lucy!!" "They killed Lucy!!" HE never watched the show after that.)
* Dr. Romano trying feverishly to save Lucy's life.
* Dr. Green's cancer story.
Those are just a few episodes that stick out in my mind. What were yours?
Thursday, April 2, 2009
The End of An Era...Finally
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i never watched it after the first season, somehow after that i was lost. oh wait, i'm usually lost!
smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
I love this show!! I have always been hooked on it, even as the characters changed and the story line twisted away from what I was so fond of.
When they revealed that Carol H. had attempted suicide...
When Mark Green's daughter inadvertently poisoned his other daughter with the street drugs she had stashed in her book bag...
When Abby was struggling with her alcoholism...
Oh, there are so many! I heard a rumor that there is going to be a spin off. Could be interesting! Go figure you gave up on ER - that made way for Gray's Anatomy. ;)
I never could watch the helicopter scene - freaky!
Hugs from Indiana,
Jamie
I used to LOVE this show. However, I also lost interest. I tried to watch the finale show last night and then I fell asleep. But, I did tape the show and will watch it over the weekend.
Love you!!!
Lori
Post a Comment