Sunday, May 17, 2009

Nothing to Say, Really!?

Work is keeping me from blogging. There. I have something to blame for my lack of writing. That, coupled with the fact that there is really nothing exciting to write about.
Quick update: Princess Laura is out of the hospital and in a rehab center working hard on her recovery. She is a strong woman and I know she will get through this in no time.
You can tell summer has arrived in Florida: everyday at 4:00 pm the sky gets black as night. By 5:30 (the time I leave for home from work) the thunderstorm has settled in. It's gone by 7:00. One can practically set their watch by the weather here.
I watched a show Friday night about Farrah Fawcett and her struggle with cancer. Then I got a feeling I haven't felt in a very long time: survivor's guilt. Why is the disease and treatment killing her, yet I get to live? She's been to Germany 4 times for treatments with specialists in that field of cancer. I had it rough: 8 rounds of chemo (as opposed to the standard 4) every 2 weeks and 72 rounds of radiation (as opposed to the standard 25); I had radiation twice a day...8:00 am and then back to the hospital at 4:30 pm (You have to allow at least 6 hours between treatments). And here I am; healthy, post-menapausal, but healthy. And I think I take it for granted alot of the time. How is it that cancer kills some but not others?
TMI for a blog, maybe.
Ok, enough of the downer stuff...have a good week. And make sure to tell the one's you love how you feel about them.

2 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

stop that feeling princess! i don't feel guilty at all! nope, not a bit. i live because it was not my time to go. i may have something else that i am supposed to do and i watch for it so i'll be ready! live, love, laugh!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoox

Anonymous said...

Well said Empress!
Love,
Jamie