Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Here and There...


It's been a while. I have not had anything of interest to say. And truth be told, I still don't. But I feel the need to write.
Mom and I are finally settled into our new and FINAL home. I think she has 1 box left to unpack. All the pictures are up on the wall, and we've even had company stop by to say hello. A few nights a week, we go down to the beach and watch the waves come in. Actually, I sit and watch, she walks the beach. Hopefully soon, my legs will let me start walking the beach as well. I've been fortunate so far that I haven't seen any ships leaving the port. I think it would make me sad to watch them sail without me.
I'm still looking for work. I've had a few bites, but nothing has seemed to pan out. I know the right job will come in time. I just have to be patient. Ok, you can stop laughing now.
Football season is only 18 days away. I CAN'T WAIT! Brett called the other day as he heard the CBS opening song for college football on TV and it brought chills to him. When he told me about it, I got chills too. Amazing the little things in life that can excite you. Speaking of Brett, he moved out of his Dad's house and into a place of his own (with a roommate). I am so proud of him. He's working hard, towing the line...there's a very good possibility he is getting his life straightened out. I couldn't be happier! I know he can succeed if he just puts his mind to it.
Big Brother has been just too good for words this season. It is my guilty pleasure of the summer. I just can't seem to get enough.
Lastly, a shout out to my friend Kenney, who just graduated from Santa Fe with his A.A degree. He worked relativ...I mean very hard to attain this goal. Now he moves on to getting his Bachelor's in Health Care Administration. Lord, have mercy on his soul.
That's about it for now. Hopefully I will have some good news to report soon. As the good Empress would say, don't forget to leave a comment.

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

this post makes me so happy! i finally feel some happiness in you, my dear friend...

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Judy said...

This makes me happy too. You sound
happy (I know, you'd be happier with a pay check, but that WILL happen)
Did you find your camera? - time for beach photos and Gavin photos!
I love Big Brother too!

Judy

Nanette said...

Hi Elaine!! I'm happy for you!! We see ships leaving without us a lot you get used to it. It's always better to see them than not seeing them at all.
Muchos huggos
Nanni