I don't know how or why it happened. I was just sitting on the back porch thinking about Brett and how I wish I could help him with his problems. When all of a sudden, it hit me like a ton of bricks: Life is not about who ends up with the most toys; it's all about the journey.
Now it's not like I have not heard this before. But out of nowhere, it seems to have taken on true meaning for me. So I've spent the better part of the last 24 hours taking stock of my life thus far: the places I've been, the people I've met, family, friends, fun, sad, bad....and on and on. I must tell you, it was very hard to concentrate at work today.
I'm not sure yet if this will change my life at all. But I feel the need to write about it and get it all out there. And so, I will do that here, from time to time. I am hoping that this will give me a better perspective on my life and those around me. And maybe, just maybe, when all is said and done, and I've written all I can, I will be able to look back at the journey and find what I've been looking for for so very long: happiness.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Epiphany
Labels:
Deep Thoughts..Yeah Right
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment