If I'm going to vent on this site, then I have to share the good too. Today was a great day! Probably one of the best I have had since I walked up the gangway on that gorgeous January day. I haven't smiled this much in a very long time.
In honor of my happy mood, I would like to introduce you to one of my best friends. He makes me so happy, even when I'm in my darkest places. His name is Max.
Max was actually given to Stephen and Brett by thier Dad 14 years ago. At the time, they were 7 and 4, and they loved to play with Max; however, when it came time to feed, bathe or walk him, yeah, they weren't into that. So Max became mine. Which, I actually didn't mind. He was and still is perfect: he doesn't talk back, he's clean, he is ALWAYS happy to see me, and most importantly, he loves me unconditionally.
When I was sick, going through the worst of the chemotherapy, there were times when I couldn't get out of bed, I couldn't eat, I just laid on the bed like a lump of coal. Max never left my side; he didn't get out of bed, he didn't eat; he stayed in that bed with me until I moved. When I got up, he got up and followed me where ever I went. It was as if he could feel my pain, my anger, my frustration. You can't find that kind of commitment everyday...even if it is from an animal.
To this day, he can sense when I'm down and tries to make me smile (which usually works). He knows when I'm happy and even though he's getting old and has a touch of arthritis, he jumps up and licks my face to share in my happiness.
Now I know there maybe a few of you thinking, "Damn girl, you need to get out more." Well, that maybe true, but even if I do "get out", I know I'll always have someone home waiting for me to put a smile on my face.
May you all have happy days ahead.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
what a lovely thing to have a "max" to show such love...
smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Max is such a cutie.
Awww, Max is a doll baby!
Too cute and I (also beig a dog lover and owner) am glad you have him and he has you.
Sallie (Thong Queen)
I LOVE Max!! I'll take care of him (and keep him) when you hit the road in July!
Max is so cute! Miss you!!
Post a Comment