As most of you are aware, I lost my job today. It is here on my blog where I can REALLY voice how I feel. Here, I don't have to be politically correct.
I hate George W. Bush. There I said it. I half expect the FBI, the CIA or someone from the Department of Homeland Security to show up at my door for saying that. I hope they do. Maybe they have an opening for me. This man and his half-wit, dumbass, idiotic domestic policy bites the big one. Is he directly at fault for my losing my job? No, not really. If he had better policy might I still have a job, possibly. It would be easy to point fingers at the muckety-mucks in my former company who sit in their expensive suites and make a bizillion dollars a year for doing absolutely nothing. But why waste my breath? There are people who read this blog that I am angry with...you know who you are, you know what you did, or rather didn't do, and you should be ashamed of yourselves as human beings. I'm ashamed to say I ever called you friends.
That said, it's on to a new chapter in my life. I will call this chapter, "Life After the Big C, Part 2."
This last job was my third incarnation at a career; my first being a manager, my second as an HR director and this last one as a "Software Engineer". You should know, my Bachelor's is in Sociology...go figure.
I'm moving into my new house in 10 days, which is a perfect metaphor for my life right now. This is an adventure and I can't wait to see where it takes me.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
One Door Closes...And Another One Opens....I Hope
Labels:
Deep Thoughts..Yeah Right
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hello Princess Elaine, I have read your posts but never responded till now. I wanted to say I think you are a very strong person, and I know you will make it. I wish you luck in your new home, and I will pray for you to find a new job that you like soon. God Bless! Linda (one of John's bloggers)
Good morning P.E.,
I am glad that you have Max at your side. He will be a good constant in what must feel like utter chaos.
When a door closes, please don't jump out of the nearest window. With that said, I too have lost jobs in the past and the feeling really sucks. Take your time to process through the emotions, share them as you are ready and let us all know how things are going.
You are right, this is Life after the Big C, Part 2. Embrace it, in your own wonderful way!
Love,
P.J.
I know how you feel in a way.I have a job but my husband is struggling and it really is a bad time in general. I have my governor also to blame.:) But we have hope.I hope you find a job soon.
Nanni
Hey Ziggy I just want you to know that I love you and I know that you will rise above this latest crisis with the same grace and dignity that you have battled the cancer, divorce and job loss from your past. Hang in there and know that I am thinking of you always! BFF
Princess,
You're in the grief process right. Sad. Numb. Angry. Acceptance. Dont let this consume you. Its all in your thinking. Think positive; Its more important now than ever.
Its hard not to take it personal, as its your job, your livelihood that has been changed.
It is the corporate machine; It is, what it is, and at some point we all become a casuality of sorts. It is how you handle yourself in the face of this adversity that shows your true measure of charachter. Rise above it.
In the end you will be better off than when you started. Think back to the unhappines you've expressed in the last few months to the situations going on there.
Also, think of those left behind.
Why think of them? Who cares about them? They still have a job. Yes, they have a job.
However, who is going to do all the rest of the duties of the people that were laid off? Maybe those are casualties of a different sort --ever thought of it that way? I mean just look...it reads like a scenario in a Dilbert cartoon.
Scenario:
Dear Survivor of layoff: Lets quadruple your workload for no more money while we try to provide a definitive vision for the future.
Thx,
Higher Ups
The survivors have the opportunity to help facilitate positive change, so heres to hoping.
Im also hoping you come to see this as a positive change as well. You've been through things much, much harder and survived, so keep that in mind.
Chin up Princess, you are going to be just fine.
Post a Comment