Monday, July 14, 2008

Word of the Week


And so, here we are, another Monday. This could only mean one thing: it's time for the Word of the Week. And I believe, this weeks word is quite fitting for my mental state. Are you ready for this?

trichotillomania
• \trick-uh-till-uh-MAY-nee-uh\ noun: an abnormal desire to pull out one's hair

Now I'm not sure given the current circumstances that my wanting to pull my hair out is not abnormal. Let's face it, I've got a lot going on. I'm moving this week. I got the key to my new house this afternoon. I want to move as much of my stuff into the house before Saturday when the furniture moves in. At the same time, I need to look for a job. I've applied for 9 jobs since Thursday. My 18 year old thinks I'm independently wealthy. I had 2 doctor's appointments today. I didn't get to call all my friends and family this weekend as I was busy having a pity party (all over now). Max has fleas. I'm trying to set up a weekly chat for some of my friends. I miss my favorite TV show, LOST. Is it any wonder I may be suffering from trichotillomania?

I know I bring it on myself. I KNOW this. But knowing it, doesn't make it go away. It's just the way my mind works. I live in a constant state of flux. I don't know how NOT too. And it's not for lack of trying. I have these wonderful little pills that are supposed make me nice and calm and pleasant. Outwardly I'd like to think I am all those attributes and more. But being my brain is a very difficult job. I don't even want to be there. However, sometimes this state of flux works to my advantage. I have the uncanny ability to multi-task and stay organized, even when my brain is thinking "Did you turn the stove off this morning?" (Of course I did, I never turned it on)

Hopefully, in the next few weeks my bout of
trichotillomania will pass. And then I am sure, life will return to something close to normal...whatever that might be.


2 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i wonder if that is what happened to sarge's hair???

hope all is well with you. did you see today that april and ollie were already in bed? yikes!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Nanette said...

Hi Elaine!! I hope this wednesday im home and can join you.
Nanni