
It's Monday, and I'm feeling a bit better, so, it's time again for the Word of the Week...
incorrigible \in-ˈkȯr-ə-jə-bəl, adjective incapable of being corrected or amended: as a (1): not reformable :(2) depraved
Recently a very good friend defined me as incorrigible. I was under the impression that meant I was just too much to handle at times, in a funny, yet negative sort of way. After reading the definition, I wonder if that is what they really meant. Am I incapable of being corrected? Am I depraved? I think I will focus on definition 2: depraved. I choose this definition as I believe I am easily capable of being corrected...when I'm wrong. Which isn't often. Just kidding...really, I'm just kidding.
Depraved, huh? Well, in some senses I guess I am. I've been told I have a sick, evil and sometimes twisted sense of humor. Of this I am proud. Incorrigible in my pursuit of something, such as a goal? Yes, this is true. When I've set my mind to something, I like to see it through. I believe that is the Aries in me. However, I have learned over the years, especially after my last 2 jobs, that the ability to adapt to change quickly is highly regarded. So, I continue to work on this trait. Incorrigible in my loyalty to my friends? Without a doubt. As I've stated before, this gets me into trouble at times. I like to think that I give more than 100% to my relationship with my close friends. I like to think they know they can count on me for anything, anytime, anywhere. In return, I expect the same from them. Sometimes this doesn't happen and I am hurt. My expectations of friends is sometimes too high. I'm trying very hard to learn loyalty is not always a 2-way street and to not have my feelings hurt.
Or maybe I am incorrigible when I am in a relationship with a man? I probably should not have phrased that in the form of a question. That is an undeniable truth. For when I am in a relationship, I KNOW that I am incorrigible in my pursuit of time with the person, as well as passion. But in this case, I honestly don't mean to be. I honestly don't realize I am behaving in such a manner. It's a part of my personality. Again, there's room for improvement.
So, yes, I might just be incorrigible. But I believe I am for all the right reasons.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Word of the Week
Labels:
Word of the Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is good to see you back! It was fun talking last night- we should do that more often.
BOY, HAVE I MISSED READING YOUR BLOG. DON'T STAY AWAY SO LONG, I MISS YOU!
BUG HUGS,
LORI
Post a Comment