Today I lost a very dear friend. Lynn Greif was one of those very special people that don't come into your life very often.
When the boys and I moved to Lakeland in 2003, Lynn was one of the first friends I made. I met her at Temple, as her daughter Sarah, was in the same Bar/Bat Mitzvah class as Brett. I remember she came up to me and said, "Hi, I'm Lynn. I know you just moved here. What can I do to help get you situated?" We became fast friends, I helped her with Sarah's Bat Mitzvah which was in January of 2003 and she helped me with Brett's Bar Mitzvah, which was in April of the same year. Back then she was a teacher in elementary school. Last year she became the principal. She loved kids. She loved life. She loved to shop. But most important, Lynn loved her kids: Ben and Sarah. Ben just started medical school at Florida State University. Sarah, moved to Gainesville 3 weeks ago to begin her freshman classes at the University of Florida. Lynn was so proud of them. You could see it in her eyes. Her husband Stuart, is a psychologist in Plant City, Florida.
I will miss her smiling face, the long phone calls about nothing, and her positive and humorous outlook on life.
She was 47 years old. She died quickly from a brain aneurysm. Ben and Sarah are on their way home. I pray for them and Stuart.
Baruch Hashem. May the Lord grant her peace.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Rest in Peace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry :(
So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Lynn. Prayers go out for her and her family.
ED
I'm so sorry Elaine...it's really hard to lose someone you are so close to as young as Lynn was.
I am so sorry for your loss, Princess.
Hugs,
Lori
Post a Comment