Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Much Needed Weekend


I just got back from visiting Stephen, Casey and Gavin (view pics here
http://picasaweb.google.com/princesselaine82). After 3 months of waiting, I got to snuggle my grand baby, help bathe him, feed him, play with him and make him laugh out loud. It was the most wonderful feeling in the world. He's at the point where he can almost sit up on his own. And I will bet in the next few weeks he will start eating baby food and start getting up on his hands and knees and doing that "rocking thing" that babies do just before they get ready to crawl. He's putting his entire little fist in his mouth, so I wouldn't be surprised if the fun of teething starts soon as well. At one point, he had a bottle and BOTH tiny fists in his mouth. It was too funny for words.
And Stephen and Casey are such great parents. As soon as Stephen walks in the door from work in the evening and Gavin hears his voice, a little giggle passes through his tiny lips. He knows that if Daddy is home, it means the circus has come to town! And, oh my, how he is attached to Casey. His eyes light up and a GIANT smile comes over his face whenever he sees her walk into a room.
We all went to my nephew Austin's soccer game Saturday morning, (His team won, 3-0) and then to Beef 'O' Brady's for lunch. Gavin was SO well behaved all the time. He was truly amazing.
I wish for the life of me I could be closer and see him more often. And maybe once I start working again, I will be able to afford to go to Lakeland more than I do now. But for the time being, I am happy and content. Just like Gavin.

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh my gosh he is adorable!!! i wish you could see him all the time too. i know you must be so proud of the parents...

see you soon!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Princess Susan...the good one! said...

I can't believe after I just emailed you and then came here that we both picked out the same picture of Gavin. I have thought about you all weekend. I hope all went well.
love ya,
ps

Nanette said...

It seems you raised a good father. :)
Good job!

Anonymous said...

Gavin is adorable! You are truly blesed. Enjoy him as often as you can, and hug him for me.

Hugs and kisses to you,
Lori