Saturday, May 2, 2009

Have A Glass With Me!!


I used my new blender today. I made myself a "fruity drink" like they have on the cruises. The drink was awesome. So awesome, I had another one. I drank both of them out of my favorite cruise line's glass (Not the glass in this picture). All that was missing was the orange wedge and the umbrella. Of course it would have been nice to have been sipping these drinks while aboard a cruise ship in the middle of the Caribbean, but hey, I did what I could.
It's been a long week. I wish I could tell you that Laura is doing well, but I can't do that yet. I can tell you that she is hanging tough and I know she will pull through all this, it will just take a lot of time and patience. So I raise my "special" glass in honor of Laura, who will one day read this, laugh hysterically, and then chew me out for having wasted so much space and words on her.
Many of you have asked about my job. I really would rather not talk about it. I'm making money and that's a good thing. And so, I raise my glass again.
Next weekend, mom and I will be going to Cocoa Beach to visit friends and then to Orlando to meet up with my brother who is flying in for a long weekend from Cali. (I raise my glass in honor of Marc flying here safely). Then we will go to Lakeland and visit with Stephen, Casey, Brett and Gavin. (I raise my glass in honor of my grandson) I am really looking forward to next weekend.
The weather here has been quite lovely lately. Highs in the upper 80's with a nice breeze. (I raise my glass in honor of the fact I live in Florida) I'm hoping to sit out and get some sun tomorrow.
And now my glass is empty. (Now I know how Lori feels when we all say EVIL). And because I know Laura will be alright, my brother will get here safely, I am spending next weekend with my family, I am making money, and the weather is nice...I must go and get a re-fill.
Join me, won't you? We'll raise a glass to anything you want!

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you look so beautiful in that photo! and i thought "favorite cruise line? that's a carnival glass!" but then you clarified that! ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxooxxo

Nanette said...

I'm with you can I have a pña Colada?

Anonymous said...

The gin and diet tonic did the trick for me. I shook off last week and now it is time to kick start this week. On your mark, get set, go!
Love,
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know I raised a glass to all the good things and said a prayer for our girl in NJ as well.
Dave Myerly

Anonymous said...

EVIL!!!! I raised a couple glasses myself last night. And with all the good news I'm getting today - I might do the same thing tonight. Have a great weekend sister, you deserve it. And yes, I do hate it when my glass is empty!!! LOL!!!

Hugs,
Princess Lori, the other Princess