
Thanks to all of you that have inquired as to whether I am a Bubbe yet. Unfortunately, the answer is no. Seems that Gavin just wanted to give all of us a big tease this past weekend, gearing up for making his first appearance, but alas, it is not to be...yet.
Casey went to the doctor today; both are doing very well. The doctor believes Gavin weighs about 7 lbs. right now. Casey is no longer having contractions, but I am almost certain, she is ready to see her feet again. When I spoke to her this afternoon she was in very good spirits. She's a better person than I. I remember being 38 weeks along and thinking "If someone doesn't pull this child out of me soon, I'm going to bend over and pull him out myself." Stephen was 3 weeks late, weighed 9 lbs 7 oz. After 8 hours of pushing, the child did not move an inch. Needless to say, I had a C-section. Brett was right on time; he was a planned C-section, weighing in at 8 lbs. 2 oz. Thanks to both of my children, I have a scar that runs the length of the Hudson Bay. And I wouldn't have changed a thing. Ok, show of hands: how many of you men are completely grossed out? Anyone? Anyone?
When I spoke to Stephen yesterday, I said something to the effect of, "I'm ready for you to have this baby already!" He replied, "Really? Me too!" I then realized who I was talking with and said, Um, yeah, so I think I'll go now." Open mouth, insert both feet.
In the weeks to come, I'm sure I will be blogging about the joys of being a Bubbe and how gorgeous my grandson looks when he smiles. But for now, we wait.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Rambling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a cute couple!
You will be a bubbe soon enough!
Even if you look WAY to young to be one!
Love ya sistah!
beautiful couple!!! your grandson will be handsome for sure honey! and how do you go about getting a comment from suebu???
smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
What a beautiful pictures!1 they both look very happy.
Post a Comment