
You should know before you read any further: this is going to be a bitch and moan and stomp my feet entry. If you're not into that, please read no further.
I am suffering from withdrawal. At first I thought it was just cruise withdrawal. Once you get off a ship and return home it's hard to remember that there isn't someone who is going to come make your bed twice a day and leave a towel animal in your room. Or that you can have steak cooked for you EVERY night if you want. I thought it was that kind of withdrawal. But after a week of thinking about the cruise and all the fun, I realized it's not the cruise I miss, it's the people. I am going through friend withdrawal.
I know, I know, I can call them, e-mail or text with them, but it's just not the same as seeing them everyday. None of the people I am closest to live anywhere near me. And I don't know if and when we will all be together again. It makes me sad.
Something else I realized today: this is the first time in 5 years wherein I don't have a cruise planned for the future. 5 years! I wish I knew how some of my friends are able to do it; that is, cruise 3-4 times a year. I'm jealous.
So, now I'm sad, jealous AND going through withdrawal.
I need a life.
All done.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Withdrawal
Labels:
Bitch and Moan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh honey, i wish you had a dozen booked! i am so sorry. i miss you!!!
smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Know the feeling... I still have no hope of cruising in the future but not giving up
Keep your chin up. That's what I do. I know I won't be able to make BC3 or BC4 this year. That is a tough time of year here at home. However, I will tell you that I was such a pouter while y'all were gone...that I guilted my husband into booking a cruise for next January on the Miracle. It was a total surprise. While I was babysitting the grandkids, he was booking this cruise. Don't know anything about the Miracle, but at least I will be at sea. I just wish a BC cruise could happen when we can a)have the time to go, or b)when we can afford to go. It's an eight day out of FLL to Panama, Costa Rica and Belize. I will miss my friends, but I will be drinking to them A LOT!!!
Hang in there!
Hugs,
Lori
Elaine, I got that feeling too. Something just seems to be missing. Where is everyone?
Post a Comment