So, Stephen called early Friday afternoon and asked if I had any plans for the weekend. Well, of course I did...I'm moving in 2 weeks, right? Saturday was going to be spent packing at my mom's and Sunday was to be spent packing in my house, as Brett was coming to get his stuff. Anyway, Stephen says, "Would you like some company?" And all of a sudden, just like that, I had no plans for the weekend. "Absolutely, when will you be here?" was my reply.
And so, for the second weekend in a row, I spent 2 1/2 days with Stephen, Casey, Brett and Gavin. Not so much Brett...he's 19 and has a life, don't ya know. And in-between all the visiting, I actually got some packing done.
"Buck-a, buck-a, buck-a". This is Gavin's favorite saying. Have no idea what it means, but it's his answer to everything. And, and...this is so cool...AND I got kisses before he went to sleep the other night!! Love it, love it, love it. It's the little things in life I'm learning to appreciate again.
Casey looks amazing and we spent quite a bit of time talking. Stephen is Stephen...what a man he has become. I am so proud.
Only 4 days left of work...well paid work anyway. Then comes the down to the last minute, nitty-gritty packing and cleaning. I swear, this is my LAST move. Never again, never.
I found out this week that my new house is only 2 blocks from a hotel that has "reggae Sundays" on their back deck every Sunday. I have a feeling I know where I will be found on most Sundays. I must find a job quickly so I can afford all those laid-back Sunday's I'm dreaming about. And being so close to the beach...well...it's just a dream come true for me. However, it will be hard for me on Saturday's and Sunday's watching all those ships leave without me. One of these days I will be back to cruising again. :)
And happiness begins to take root....stay tuned.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Another Great Weekend and Other Stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what a lucky girl you are!!!
smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoox
Me too!! I'll be back...it's just that know it seems so far away :( It's been 2 years and counting..:(
Post a Comment