
What a fantastic weekend!! It's taken me this long to recuperate. Gavin's party was a huge success. So many family and friends together again. And then I had the honor of babysitting, along with my mom and Mike's (my ex) mom, Peggy. Mind you, Gavin ate entire cake all on is own and I think he had a bit of a sugar high. He was completely off his normal schedule as well, but we still had fun. We played with some of his new toys, had dinner (although much of his meal ended up on the floor), read books and, of course, bath time. He loves his rubber duckie and giggles when you splash water on him. Then it was off to bed, where he quietly drifted off to sleep almost immediately. He had a very long day. And so did I. I was "plum tuckered out" as they say in the South.
On Sunday we had breakfast together and some more play time. Then Casey came to pick him up. I was sad to see him go, but he waved "bye, bye" to me and I had to smile. I can't wait to see him again!
And now the real fun begins....countdown to move day: 16 days and counting.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Too Much Fun!!
Labels:
On Being A Quiet Grandparent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow is he ever a cutie!!!
smiles, bee
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment